turbo thraxil

By anders pearson 04 Mar 2006

i finally got around to porting this site to the TurboGears framework, which i’ve been using a lot lately.

it was already CherryPy + SQLObject, so it wasn’t that big a deal.

i also used Routes to map the urls to controller methods. i’m generally ok with the default cherrypy approach, but for thraxil.org, the url structure is fairly complicated and Routes certainly made that a lot cleaner.

next, i’m working on refactoring as much of the code out into seperate mini REST applications as i can (like Tasty) to make things even more manageable. of course, i need a few more unit tests before i can really do that safely…

Tags: meta programming python cherrypy sqlobject turbogears routes